Know more about
Department of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship and Livelihood
- Steps have been taken to implement the dual system of training in ITIs in the state in collaboration with micro, small and medium enterprises and organizations.
- 144 Mini job fairs are held at job exchanges and 11451 job offerings are given to candidates.
- A total number of 3768 candidates are trained in 73 pre-test training programs organized under the “Study Circles Scheme” at all District Employment Exchanges in the state.
- STRIVE (Skill Strengthening for Industrial Value Enhancement) : Under the STRIVE Scheme 19 Government colleges and 1 private college have been selectively upgraded to ITI levels with a grant of 29.57 crores.
- Under the Apprenticeship Scheme, 19,955 candidates have undergone apprenticeship training in the year 2019-20.
- To enable the youth who are discharged from Balamandirs after 21 years of age financial assistance of Rs.5000 per month, up to a maximum of 3 years, will be provided under the “Upakara” scheme. Rs. 1 crore will be provided for this purpose during the year 2020-21.
- Arrangement will be made in Belagavi and Kalaburagi Divisions through State Road Transport Corporations to provide Vehicle Driving Training to unemployed youth (male/female) of the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
- Loan facility will be provided to the unemployed youth belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes to purchase small goods transport vehicles.
- Along with various paramedical certificate courses, skill development training will be provided to the unemployed youth belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes by the Department of Health and Family Welfare in coordination with the Skill Development Department.
- A revamped Talent Acceleration Programme would be initiated to upskill the students guaranteeing placement for them in the job market; 1000 graduates will be trained in the next two years. A sum of Rs. 2 crore will be provided for this.
- An amount of Rs.20 crore will be earmarked in 2020-21 for Chief Minister’s ‘Koushalya Karnataka’.
- Under Public Private Partnership (PPP), Centers of Excellence will be established in Government Tool Room and Training Centre located at Belagavi, Hubli, Mangaluru, Shivamogga, Hassan, Tumkur and Harihara with an expenditure of Rs.353 crore. It is targeted to provide appointments to 12600 students in the next five years.
- Dual System of Training will be implemented in the ITIs of the State. This programme will be implemented in association with the institutes and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
- The capacity of Service Centres in Government Tool Room and Training Centre, Bengaluru will be upgraded with an expenditure of Rs.20 crore for the manufacture of spare parts of Satellites, Light Combat Aircrafts (LCA) and Advanced Medium Combat Aircrafts (AMCA) required by prestigious institutions like ISRO, HAL.
- To enable street vendors in urban areas to carry out business through mobile application and to enhance their professionalism and entrepreneurship, a software will be developed for the e-market system under the Deen Dayal Antyodaya Scheme – National Urban Livelihood Mission.