Know more about
Department of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship and Livelihood
- Steps have been taken to implement the dual system of training in ITIs in the state in collaboration with micro, small and medium enterprises and organizations.
- 144 Mini job fairs are held at job exchanges and 11451 job offerings are given to candidates.
- A total number of 3768 candidates are trained in 73 pre-test training programs organized under the “Study Circles Scheme” at all District Employment Exchanges in the state.
- STRIVE (Skill Strengthening for Industrial Value Enhancement) : Under the STRIVE Scheme 19 Government colleges and 1 private college have been selectively upgraded to ITI levels with a grant of 29.57 crores.
- Under the Apprenticeship Scheme, 19,955 candidates have undergone apprenticeship training in the year 2019-20.
- Department of Industrial Training and Employment – 144 Mini Job melas conducted and 11451 candidates issued job offer letters. 73 pre-examination training conducted under ‘Study Circle Scheme’ in all the District Employment Exchanges and 3768 candidates trained.
- Upgradation of 19 Govt and 1 Private ITI is taken under STRIVE (Skill Strengthening for Industrial Value Enhancement).
- ITI Training – 149866 candidates trained annually in 1503 ITIs of which 270 are Govt., 196 Aided and 1037 Private.
- ITIs building construction – work under NABARD scheme, 18 have been completed and handed over to the department.
- KGTTI – 3746 candidates trained by 5 Karnataka-German Technical Training Institutes (KGTTI) including the training taken under CMKKY.
- ITI as Technology Hubs – Transforming “150 Government ITIs as Technology Hubs”, in partnership with TATA Technologies Limited, in a ‘Hub and Spoke’ model. 88% of the investment is from TATA Technologies Limited and 12% contribution is from the State government.
- MoU with KEA: Hither to the SCVT and NCVT examination for ITIs were conducted by Commissioner for Industrial Training and Employment.
- Karnataka Skill Development Corporation (KSDC): Under CMKKY 56897 candidates trained and 5368 placed. Under Prime Minister’s Kaushalya Vikasa Yojane (PMKVY) 13944 candidates trained and 547 placed.
- Skill Connect Portal – https://skillconnect.kaushalkar.com portal launched to match the demands of Industries and Industry Associations. In the virtual job fair. 1626 Candidates interviewed and 430 Candidates were given offer letter.
- Skill Mission HELPLINE – toll free helpline established under the World Bank assisted SANKALP project.
- KVTSDC signed a bi-lateral agreement with Health Education England (HEE), National Health Services (NHS) – United Kingdom to recruit qualified and skilled nurses from Karnataka.
- KVTSDC MoU with Al-Durra Manpower Supply, Kuwait, to recruit House Maids, Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Experienced Drivers, House Boy and Cook.
- National Rural Livelihood Mission – 2,79,799 poor women have been mobilised by forming 21523 women SHGs and these are covered under NRLM. 14745 SHGs have been given Community Investment Fund of Rs.13041.75 crores.
- Government Tool Room and Training Centre: Centres of Excellence established on Public Private Partnership (PPP) for skill training and placement of 12600 students.
- Upgrade the Bengaluru Service Centre of GTTC for manufacture of spare parts of Satellites, Light and Advanced Medium Combat Aircrafts required for prestigious institutions like ISRO, HAL.
- Short term skill training – 3833 students imparted training
- Centres of Excellence established under Public Private Partnership mode with Siemens and Dassault.
- Toyota MoU – with GTTC to conduct Skill Training Programmes in Automotive Sector and implementation of industry best practices at GTTC
- Entrepreneurship – Centre for Entrepreneurship Development of Karnataka (CEDOK) 10400 candidates trained under Outreach programme, under Ready and Steady programme 8443 candidates trained.
- To enable the youth who are discharged from Balamandirs after 21 years of age financial assistance of Rs.5000 per month, up to a maximum of 3 years, will be provided under the “Upakara” scheme. Rs. 1 crore will be provided for this purpose during the year 2020-21.
- Arrangement will be made in Belagavi and Kalaburagi Divisions through State Road Transport Corporations to provide Vehicle Driving Training to unemployed youth (male/female) of the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
- Loan facility will be provided to the unemployed youth belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes to purchase small goods transport vehicles.
- Along with various paramedical certificate courses, skill development training will be provided to the unemployed youth belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes by the Department of Health and Family Welfare in coordination with the Skill Development Department.
- A revamped Talent Acceleration Programme would be initiated to upskill the students guaranteeing placement for them in the job market; 1000 graduates will be trained in the next two years. A sum of Rs. 2 crore will be provided for this.
- An amount of Rs.20 crore will be earmarked in 2020-21 for Chief Minister’s ‘Koushalya Karnataka’.
- Under Public Private Partnership (PPP), Centers of Excellence will be established in Government Tool Room and Training Centre located at Belagavi, Hubli, Mangaluru, Shivamogga, Hassan, Tumkur and Harihara with an expenditure of Rs.353 crore. It is targeted to provide appointments to 12600 students in the next five years.
- Dual System of Training will be implemented in the ITIs of the State. This programme will be implemented in association with the institutes and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
- The capacity of Service Centres in Government Tool Room and Training Centre, Bengaluru will be upgraded with an expenditure of Rs.20 crore for the manufacture of spare parts of Satellites, Light Combat Aircrafts (LCA) and Advanced Medium Combat Aircrafts (AMCA) required by prestigious institutions like ISRO, HAL.
- To enable street vendors in urban areas to carry out business through mobile application and to enhance their professionalism and entrepreneurship, a software will be developed for the e-market system under the Deen Dayal Antyodaya Scheme – National Urban Livelihood Mission.
Industry Connect Conclave Skill Development, Government of Karnataka | Dr C N AshwathnarayanFollow Me on:
Industry Connect Conclave is aunique initiative that encourages entrepreneurshipandskill developmentIndustry Connect Conclave by Karnataka Skill Development Corporation is a unique initiative that encourages entrepreneurship and skill development.
It aims to bridge the gap between skill demand and supply with focus to enhance productivity and employability.
Follow Me on:
ರಚನಾತ್ಮಕ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮಗಳಿಗೆ ನಮ್ಮೊಂದಿಗೆ ಹೆಗಲು ಕೊಡುತ್ತಿದ್ದ ಪುನೀತ್ ಯುವಜನರ ಪಾಲಿಗೆ ನಿಜವಾದ ಐಕಾನ್ರಚನಾತ್ಮಕ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮಗಳಿಗೆ ನಮ್ಮೊಂದಿಗೆ ಹೆಗಲು ಕೊಡುತ್ತಿದ್ದ ಪುನೀತ್ ಈಗ ಇಲ್ಲವೆಂದರೆ ನಂಬಲಾಗುತ್ತಿಲ್ಲ. ಯುವಜನರ ಪಾಲಿಗೆ ನಿಜವಾದ ಐಕಾನ್ ಆಗಿದ್ದ ಅವರ ನಿಧನದಿಂದ ಕನ್ನಡ ನಾಡು-ನುಡಿ ಬಡವಾಗಿದ್ದು, ಸಾಂಸ್ಕೃತಿಕ ರಂಗದಲ್ಲಿ ಶೂನ್ಯ ಸೃಷ್ಟಿಯಾಗಿದೆ. ಅವರ ಸ್ಥಾನವನ್ನು ಬೇರೆ ಯಾರಿಂದಲೂ ತುಂಬುವುದು ಸಾಧ್ಯವಿಲ್ಲ.
Follow Me on: