Know more about
Department of Higher Education
- National Education Policy-2020 (NEP) – First state to form a task force for implementation in March 2020 to bring in legislative, academic, and administrative changes. Also, the first state to implement from the academic year 2021-22
- LMS (Learning Management System) – First state to launch revolutionary Teaching-Learning process, integrating Content, Assessment, Performance Analytics, and Anytime, Anywhere Access.
- Smart classrooms – Upgraded 2500 classrooms into Smart classrooms in Government First Grade Colleges, equipped with Projector, White Board, UPS & Internet facility
- Laptops and Tablets – In 2019-20, distributed Laptops to 109916 students studying in Government First Grade Colleges. In 2020-21 about 1.55 Lakh Tablets were distributed to the students of Government First Grade Colleges, Government Polytechnics and Government Engineering Colleges
- Unified University & College Management System (UUCMS) – bring all university functions across 23 state public universities and 3800 affiliated colleges onto a single platform
- Revamp of Diploma Curriculum – to address issues of low admission, dropouts and lower employment rate.
- Youth Empowerment Centre – set up at 30 colleges in each District Head Quarters to create awareness on Employment Opportunities and Higher Education prospects
- Recruitments – Initiated filling up 1242 posts of Assistant Professors in various subjects and 310 posts of Principals through direct recruitment
- Maithri Helpline Portal – created for solving the appeals/complaints/ problems of students
- Get-CET-Go – A platform for imparting online training to prepare for KCET 2020. Around 2 lakh students benefitted from this initiative
- Jnana Nidhi YouTube Channel and Post Covid Measures – More than 75000 online classes conducted for ensuring continuity of education & uploaded 12500 video classes
- Revamping of University Vishveshwaraiah College of Engineering (UVCE) – Bestow autonomous status and develop the institution along the lines of IITs
- Bangalore City University & Rani Chennamma University- revamp the two universities
- Revised Pay – 7th UGC/AICTE pay scale has been adopted and provided for faculty serving in Government/Aided Colleges and Polytechnics
- B.R.Ambedkar School of Economics (BASE) – to be developed as an institute of world standards
- New Universities– Under RUSA scheme, Mandya Unitary University, Maharani Cluster University and Nrupatunga Unitary University and Raichur University established
- To bring transparency in the Higher Education Department and avoid issues of corruption in appointing credible candidates, the government has directed the relevant departments to make necessary amendments in service rules and implement the ‘no interview’ policy for recruitment in posts of Assistant Professors.
- The State Government has announced the establishment of a Vision Group on Higher Education to effectively transform the higher education scenario in Karnataka.
- The state government has initiated a programme for the transparent distribution of post matric scholarships in a fully paperless manner through an Integrated State Scholarship Portal. This is a path breaking initiative by the Government of Karnataka as the portal’s backbone is the use of blockchain technology which ensures 100% transparency in the grant of scholarships.