Know more about
Department of Higher Education
- UUCMS [Unified University & College Management System] : Unified universities and Colleges Management System (UUCMS) is being developed and implemented in collaboration with the Department of E-Governance, for complete computerization of all disciplines, academia, administration, exams etc.
- Youth empowerment Centers : Youth empowerment centers in 30 colleges in each district have been set up to create awareness of job opportunities and higher education in their field of choice by providing information, training and motivation to the youth of the state.
- Digital Learning : Under the Digital Learning Project, college faculty are preparing PPT, videos, study materials and assignments through technology collaboration. This will create a qualitative educational system, with clarity in textual concepts. 1.3 lakh students will benefit from this
- Appointments : With respect to various matters of the College Education Department, the rules have been finalized to fill the vacancies of 1242 assistant professors and 310 Principals by direct selection.
- Alliance Helpline Portal: An online helpline has been opened to address and help to solve the problems, questions and grievances of students.
- Get-CET-Go : Comprehensive Online platform to prepare for KCET 2020 with Online videos, synopsis and mock tests. Makes it easier for students looking for content as well as store offline the downloadable content. Around 2 lakhs students will benefit from this.
- Renovation of UVCE : 10 crores fund will be released for the University Vishveshwaraya College of Engineering for revamping the facilities and level of education imparted to make it on par with the IITs.
- Bangalore Central University Revamp : Bangalore Central University has been renamed as Bangalore City University. It is planned to provide an innovative educational program and excellent infrastructure at a cost of Rs.150 crores
A new university has been set up in Raichur and an order has been issued to upgrade the Government Science College, Bangalore to a unified “Nrupatunga University”. To enhance efficiency in administration, the University Act has been amended to address the eligibility of the posts of Chancellor (Administration) and Accountant. In higher education, a “Vision Group” is created to bring about qualitative changes on a global scale
- Laptop : In 2019-20 109916 eligible students studying in Government First Grade Colleges were given laptops.
- Revised Salary: Revised by applying the 4th UGC / AICTE pay range to the faculty working in Government / Aided Colleges and Polytechnics of the Department of Higher Education.
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar School of Economics (BASE): Bangalore Ambedkar School of Economics has been passed to make it a university. A project to upgrade the organization to world class standards, which is being developed with a grant of Rs.150 crores, has reached its final stage and is ready for inauguration.
- Online Affiliation System: Online Affiliation System implemented to increase transparency in university affiliation process for all colleges in the state.
- JnanaNidhi Channel and Covid-19 After Action: A total of 69,000 online classes have been conducted to prepare students for the college education and technical education department. More than 12,500 video classes have been uploaded to Jnanidhanidhi YouTube channel.
- Vijayi bhava : Programs such as job/aptitude test information for students, job-related skills, motivational phrases, and interviews with successful people are going to be made and uploaded on a Youtube Channel by the name of ‘Vijayi bhava’
- Geostatial Center: Two geostationary technology centers are being set up at a cost of Rs 5 crore each to enhance employment opportunities for polytechnic and engineering students. Additional rooms are provided for SC/ST students in 23 Polytechnics at the cost of 20.89 crores. Student Fees of 6175 Departmental Engineering and Polytechnic Students amounting to 2674.67 lakhs has been distributed as e-scholarship through online portal.
- To bring transparency in the Higher Education Department and avoid issues of corruption in appointing credible candidates, the government has directed the relevant departments to make necessary amendments in service rules and implement the ‘no interview’ policy for recruitment in posts of Assistant Professors.
- The State Government has announced the establishment of a Vision Group on Higher Education to effectively transform the higher education scenario in Karnataka.
- The state government has initiated a programme for the transparent distribution of post matric scholarships in a fully paperless manner through an Integrated State Scholarship Portal. This is a path breaking initiative by the Government of Karnataka as the portal’s backbone is the use of blockchain technology which ensures 100% transparency in the grant of scholarships.