Malleshwaram Parks and Playground
Better facilities and infrastructure
Large numbers of parks and Playground have been beautified the Malleshwaram Constituency, with public private partnership. This has not only uplifted the beauty of the parks but has also encouraged residents to make the best use of it.
Krantiveera Sangolli Raayanna Park at Subramanya Nagar are among the few parks of Bangalore that have been completely renovated, and which is now adding new life and lung space for the residents. The renovation of this old park was completed with the support of the Brigade group in association with the BBMP. These parks were not only beautified but were enriched with more features and facilities for residents.
The other parks that have undergone renovation are:
- 10th cross, Sudhindra nagar.
- Deewanra palya, Mathikere.
- Vyalikaval Tank bund road, Rajmahal route.
- Ashwath Nagar, RMV 2nd stage.
- 11th Main, Kadu malleshwara.
Similarly, all the playgrounds in Malleswaram are renovated and upgraded with:
- Tensile Roofing.
- Park Fencing.
- Rain water harvesting.
- Basket Ball Court.
- Skating Track.
- Football pitch.
- Flood lights.
- Ground Leveling.
- Adequate drainage systems.
- Rain Water Harvesting.
- Purified Drinking Water.
- Bigger sanitation and drainage pipes.
The location of some of the playgrounds with the above facilities is as below::
- Malleshwaram 18th cross play ground – compound with security, toilets, gallery, pavilion, more security for the sports activities.
- Subrhmanya Nagara Playground – Redeveloped with PPP model. Karate, Chess, children play area, adult play equipments, pavilion, cricket, foot ball, volleyball. It also has open gym (mostly for senior citizens)..
- Vyalikaval Playground.
- Chandrashekar Azad ground – earlier known as pit ground was renamed and implemented with facilities like shelter, synthetic track, volleyball, Kabaddi court with galleries, ball badminton, shade for existing galleries.
Dr. Ashwath Narayan requests all citizens to kindly cooperate on the civic development activities where certain places have been dug up for sanitary pipe laying, drainage system upgrade, signal free road development etc. The inconvenience is temporary and would be settled shortly.
Residents are requested to avail these facilities and benefit from them..